Friday, May 29, 2009

Floridays



Gina, Sam, Nate and I just returned from a week in Florida with my parents. This was a great way to relax and celebrate our graduation from UVA. The week started out very rainy, but soon enough the sun came out and we were able to get out and see some of the sights. Sam and Nate got to swim in their very first wading pool, and I'm pretty sure this will be something they want to do again.



While we were there, my mom and dad celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary! They went to a dinner show featuring Arabian horses. Gina and I stayed home and rested, which was nice considering how busy the last few months have been.



The best man from our wedding, David, and his family live in Orlando, so they came over to see us one evening. Sam and Nate were amazed by the big boys, and we had a nice time talking about old times and having dinner.



We also got to go to a water park, Hurricane Harbor, and the beach. Sam and Nate didn't know exactly what to do at the water park at first, but they got the hang of it and had fun playing in the wave pool (the edge of it, at least, where the waves are VERY shallow) and the sand. They caught on to the beach a little better, and this time they had some beach toys to play with in the sand. I did learn that next time we need to have TWO shovels!







Other activities included going to a Japanese Steak House, seeing Downtown Disney and learning how to sweep the floor. OK, that last one would be better categorized as "training." But Sam thought it was fun, which is the same tactic my dad used on me for mowing the lawn.



Overall, we had a great time and can't wait to go back. We are so grateful that GiGi and PaPa could be there with us (and made the whole trip possible!). Sam and Nate are now patiently waiting for their next fun vacation!




2 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

Some exciting things happening in your lives :)

I guess the move will be soon? We were planning to be in DC area again in December, but I guess you'll be gone by then, Dr. Gina.

Dee said...

I am so blessed by the love of your special parents!
They shared their Anniversary with all of you in this fabulous trip; then went and built Ella a swing set!
Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and of good courage!
Be not afraid; neither be dismayed
For The Lord - Your God -
Is With You - wherever you go!
Joshua 1:9