Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Not a creature was stirring, not even Nate

Yes, you read this correctly. Sam and Nate both slept through the night with no crying last night. We are not expecting this to continue forever, but it sure was nice. I actually woke up before them and finished my first cup of coffee before there were any stirrings. Gina and I both commented on how we both feel like ourselves ... sort of. I think a part of us--a large part--will never be the same, but I now have a much deeper understanding of the power of good sleep.

1 comment:

Dee said...

I remember telling the doctor when my twins were young that I didn't think I was going to make it - wasn't there something he could give them to help them sleep. He turned around; looked me squarely in the eyes and said, "You are going to make it; let me tell you why. One night you will go to sleep; you will wake up and it will be morning. You will ask 'What happened!' He was exactly right - just the way it happened. Oh, I will never forget the joy of that morning after having slept ALL night.
Looks like the boy's really enjoyed their Granddad and Granny Johnson's visit!